AN-225 Damaged beyond Repair.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

18 years 9 months

Hey guys ive just heard a rumour that the worlds only flying AN-225 has been damaged when her front landing gear collapsed during taxi at Ras Al Khaimah airport in the United Arab Emirates earlyer this month. Can any one shine some light on this with some upto date information.

Cheers.

LL

Original post

Member for

19 years

Please, please, please, no, no, no... Don't let it be true... Please no... :mad:

Paul

Member for

19 years

Just to emphasise my feelings on this...

Please, please, please, no, no, no... Don't let it be true... Please no... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Paul

Member for

17 years 6 months

Please, please, please, no, no, no... Don't let it be true... Please no... :mad:

Paul

same comment here i would love to see her

peter

Member for

19 years 4 months

The rumour mill is 'confirming' that this is a very serious problem at a small airport. The fuselage structure has been compromised and the wings damaged by shrapnel. The plane cannot fly and there are no hangars available for cover, needless to say, it is very hot there.;)

Member for

20 years 7 months

From Veeps at PPRUNE, whom is knee deep involved in outsize Antonovs

Aircraft was damaged in RKT a couple of weeks ago as undercarriage was being knelt....................but he is OK now back in GML after repairs done in the field

Its funny how these stories spread like wildfire over the internet, was concerned about the big lady for a second.

Member for

19 years

So one person says it's so on this other forum, there has been no information to confirm and the supposed photos were never posted... err...?

And the people saying they believe she will never fly again are... Where, exactly? I see none in this thread. :confused:

Paul

Member for

19 years 4 months

And the people saying they believe she will never fly again are... Where, exactly? I see none in this thread. :confused:

Paul

I think the title says it exactly,'damaged beyond repair' although as it turns out, incorrectly. Great news on the swift recovery!:)

Member for

19 years

I think the title says it exactly,'damaged beyond repair' although as it turns out, incorrectly. Great news on the swift recovery!:)

Hmm... Had I been talking about the slightly presumptuous title you would have a very good point. Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough I was referring to the responses.

Swift road to recovery certainly isn't what I've heard tonight. For Heaven's sake, it's the biggest thing ever to fly over our planet, surely someone must be able to confirm what the hell's happening with it?

Paul

Member for

19 years 4 months

Swift road to recovery certainly isn't what I've heard tonight. For Heaven's sake, it's the biggest thing ever to fly over our planet, surely someone must be able to confirm what the hell's happening with it?

Paul

Agree, where is A225HVY when you need him?:D

Member for

21 years 4 months

I thought i read somewhere there was another incomplete airframe somewhere in the CIS...could they not cannibalize some parts

Member for

17 years 7 months

I thought i read somewhere there was another incomplete airframe somewhere in the CIS...could they not cannibalize some parts

There is a second one about 60-70% complete at Gostomel, which recently (allegedly) has begun a slow slow speed completion scheme.
AN-225 number 2 in September 2004
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0699985/L/
Has anyone a more recent picture of her?
I just hope the old girl isn't too badly hurt. Would be a real shame to loose her
http://www.russian-aviation.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2677
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271922
From the information it sounds as if they were able to get her home, :D :D Well done to the ADB away team (Cant get the thumbs up smilie to fit here) Thumbs up
Be lucky
David

Member for

20 years 5 months

Agree, where is A225HVY when you need him?:D

I'm on holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!

A225HVY:rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 4 months

I'm on holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!A225HVY:rolleyes:

Not good enough, hospital with hands in plaster is the only acceptable excuse for not being up to date with the current crisis situation with our lack of reliable information on the fate of the one and only (flying?) 225!:D

Member for

21 years 1 month

Awesome find lukeylad and an interesting set of pictures, the size of that aircraft absolutley astounds me everytime I see pictures of it. Can't imagine what it's like right before your eyes...

Member for

18 years 9 months

Awesome find lukeylad and an interesting set of pictures, the size of that aircraft absolutley astounds me everytime I see pictures of it. Can't imagine what it's like right before your eyes...

Well my tutor had the pleasure of been the dispatcher for the Last AN-124 that came into NCL and he said you could have a great game of football in the hold.