Pinnacle CRJ-200 Crash ner KJEF

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 2 months

Looks like a ferry flight LIT-MSP 2 souls only....no surrviors....Crashed not to far from KSTL...praying for those two & their families

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2004/10/15/breaking_news/break04.txt

The link to the corp release:

http://www.nwairlink.com/index.htm

Original post

Member for

20 years 11 months

not another one!

Well, I was always told, trouble comes in threes

Member for

20 years 2 months

yup woke up to that on the TV a few mins ago....will keeping looking for updates..

Member for

20 years 7 months

R.I.P

not another hopefully they dont come in threes!!!!

Member for

20 years 2 months

Still looing for the REG info

Member for

20 years 2 months

Have found that the Reg is N8936A
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/556322/M/

Not many pics. I think she was still in the old bowling shoe livery.

Member for

24 years 8 months

Bad week indeed.!!!
All my sympathy to the families :(

Member for

20 years 2 months

Crew was Capt. Jesse Rhodes, of Palm Harbor, Fla., and First Officer Richard Peter Cesarz, of Helotes, Texas. Neither surrvived. My thoughts and prayers are with their families. May God comfort them all and give these two men eternal rest.

Member for

21 years 3 months

I was in KSTL last night and awoke to this news. By the time I left the NTSB had arrived on the scene and taken control of the invesigation. The few early press conferences they ran didn't give much information only that there was a report of some engine trouble soon before the crash. I'm curious to what would have caused this.

Rest in Peace.

Member for

20 years 2 months

From the news tonight the plane experinced a loss of one engine and then another. I hate to report from THE NEWS, but since it is the latest source right now I will give it. The pilot was trying the land at KJEF ( Weather was NOT to good last night at all as those around these parts can atest to. Must have been a serious prob since KCOU is VERY near JEF and COU is better equipped with longer runways...Given the winds last night (from the west) 27 would have been their active. And looking at a map this would have been the most direct route to that runway. Seems that this plane was to be used earlier on that evening, but had mechanical problems, so passangers were routed through other desitnations. It was routed SAV-DTW-LIT initally.

Member for

21 years 4 months

If it lost one engine and then the other it could be fuel problems

Member for

21 years 3 months

Plane in Jefferson City crash had mechanical problems earlier

08:45 PM CDT on Friday, October 15, 2004

By DAVID A. LIEB, Associated Press Writer

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — A plane that plunged to a fatal crash after both of its jet engines failed had aborted a scheduled takeoff earlier in the day because of an apparent problem with a mechanical system that distributes engine heat throughout the plane.

Federal investigators said Friday evening that the regional jet affiliated with Northwest Airlines had aborted a scheduled flight Thursday from Little Rock, Ark., after an indicator light went on for its bleed-air system.

After undergoing maintenance, the 50-seat Pinnacle Airlines plane was being flown without passengers to Minneapolis when its engines failed and it crashed late Thursday night into a residential area in Missouri's capital city, killing the two pilots. No residents were hurt.

The plane reached 41,000 feet before it went into an aerodynamic stall and lost power from one engine. At 13,000 feet, the second engine quit working. The last contact that air traffic controllers had with the plane was at 9,000 feet when a pilot reported an airport beacon in sight, Carmody said.

The crash site is about two miles from the Jefferson City airport.

Pinnacle Airlines, based in Memphis, Tenn., identified the two deceased pilots as Capt. Jesse Rhodes and First Officer Peter Cesarz but did not release their ages or hometowns. Carmody said earlier Friday that the pilots' bodies had not been recovered, but by looking at the cockpit there's "no doubt" the pilots died.

The plane, bought new by Pinnacle in May 2000, had flown 10,161 hours and had no major problems in inspections required by the Federal Aviation Administration, Pinnacle said.

Member for

20 years 6 months

So Sad Bad week for aviation this week.
R.I.P

Member for

20 years 5 months

R I P