First Boeing 777-200ER for Kenya Airways

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 11 months

First Boeing 777-200ER for Kenya Airways Gets Wings in Preparation to Launch Operations in Sub-Sahara Africa

" Boeing [NYSE: BA] recently joined the wing assembly and fuselage of the first Kenya Airways 777-200ER (Extended Range) as that airplane progresses toward its delivery next month.

"We're pleased Kenya Airways selected the 777-200ER as the best aircraft to enhance its fleet," said Boeing Regional Sales Director Mike Smith. "The airplane offers unsurpassed passenger comfort and operational economics for the airline."

Kenya Airways will have the first Boeing 777 operating from sub-Sahara Africa.

In March, 2002, it ordered three 777 aircraft. The other two deliveries are scheduled for May and June of 2005.

The carrier currently operates an all-Boeing fleet of five 767-300ER and eleven 737 airplanes, including four Next Generation 737-700s."

Boeing.com

Original post

Member for

20 years 8 months

Great to see an African airline doing well.

Member for

20 years 11 months

other than SAA and Egyptair

Member for

21 years

and Royal Air Maroc is also doing good, Air Mauritius has quite big and modern aircraft, but are they running good? Is there an airline of the Seychelles?

Member for

20 years 11 months

Originally posted by Jeanske_SN
and Royal Air Maroc is also doing good, Air Mauritius has quite big and modern aircraft, but are they running good? Is there an airline of the Seychelles?

Yes, the aptly named "Air Seychelles"

check A.net and JP.net.

Member for

20 years 11 months

got a model of Air Seychelles and its got a reg that isnt in my AFQR 2003 (S7-AAF)

Member for

20 years 11 months

heres their livery

Member for

20 years 11 months

nice sandy i like that livery.

ooh!!....did you do that one for me ( sorry for sounding as if im nagging )

Member for

20 years 11 months

Originally posted by Airline owner
got a model of Air Seychelles and its got a reg that isnt in my AFQR 2003 (S7-AAF)

thats one of their 3 Twotters

Member for

20 years 11 months

Originally posted by Airline owner
nice sandy i like that livery.

ooh!!....did you do that one for me ( sorry for sounding as if im nagging )

No not yet, I just happen to have that on file