Airline Simulation

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

21 years 1 month

Has anyone tried the australian 'Airline 5' airline business simulation software? If so, what do you think of it?

Cheers
Mike

Original post

Member for

24 years 5 months

Yep, I've had a few of the earlier versions for a while now.

It taken up a lot of my time and is very addictive. There are a lot of details within the game, you can set schedules and configurations for each aircraft and pretty much do what you want.

I'd highly recommend it, the first time you have it I think they have to ship which takes a while from Aus, but then you can get all updates over e-mail, well worth a try.

I think another forum member Mongu also has it, don't know anyone else.

Member for

24 years 5 months

I've seen banners all over the Internet and even in Airliner World for the game, what is the approximate cost?

Member for

21 years 2 months

Version 5 is fantastic and well worth a look, it had some early bugs but these are being sorted out now. The newest version is very indepth and is very realistic.

Member for

24 years 5 months

The first purchase is about £40 which sounds a little expensive.

But once you have the game the upgrades only cost about £9 each (or £26 for 4).

Its well worth a go, I'm just off to continue mine now, will be adding a few more A330's to my LHR long haul network.

Member for

24 years 5 months

I've had version 5 for a few days now.

At the moment, it is full of bugs - I actually find it unusable.

However one of the features of the software is that there is a very active user group and the developers listen to them - updates are released every week or so, so bugs get ironed out quickly. You can use your order no. to register with their user forum, which is just lots of people talking about the software and how to use it to best effect. It's like "Championship Manager" on speed!

The price is quite low for what you get - a very good value purchase. I downloaded my upgrade - it's only 100Mb which is 15 or 20 mins on an average broadband connection.

The old version 4.3 was dodgy at first, but after 2 or 3 weeks most of the bugs had been sorted out and I expect the same to apply to the new version 5 also.

Member for

24 years 5 months

Update - it is now quite usable following release of the latest update.

Member for

21 years 1 month

Originally posted by mongu

The price is quite low for what you get - a very good value purchase. I downloaded my upgrade - it's only 100Mb which is 15 or 20 mins on an average broadband connection.

The old version 4.3 was dodgy at first, but after 2 or 3 weeks most of the bugs had been sorted out and I expect the same to apply to the new version 5 also.

Am I reading this right in thinking big downloads will be vital (I don't have broadband :( )?

Mike

Member for

24 years 5 months

No, they can ship it to you on CD if you want. Tends to take about a fortnight to arrive from the publisher in Australia.

You will need to download the updates though - but they're only a few hundred kb so no drama there.

Member for

21 years 1 month

Great - I'm going to order it today.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Mike