Somali Pirates vs USN and Russian Navy!

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 3 months

I vote for……………..Send in the SBS !

Storm the cargo ship, seize the pirates, evacuate the crew then sink the vessel (the last thing Africa needs is more military hardware being pumped into it). Job done!

Yes, I do live in an over simplistic world….but someone has to!:)

Park HMS Ocean Down there, fill it up with Merlins and the Gunship version of lynx along with a bunch of Para's or Royal Marine's to back up SAS and SBS units. use UAV's to track suspect boats, the SAS and SBS to keep an eye on the place, and then send in the cavalry via Mr Merlin with Mr Lynx taking out anything looking remotely fortified.

Member for

18 years 7 months

Park HMS Ocean Down there, fill it up with Merlins and the Gunship version of lynx along with a bunch of Para's or Royal Marine's to back up SAS and SBS units. use UAV's to track suspect boats, the SAS and SBS to keep an eye on the place, and then send in the cavalry via Mr Merlin with Mr Lynx taking out anything looking remotely fortified.

I prefer Apaches rather than gunship Lynx's there are also 2 t23 as well as the US boats and the coming Russian vessels

Member for

19 years 9 months

I hope you have allot of spare cash.;)

Member for

16 years 1 month

I also think the Apache's would be a better choice.

Trouble with that scenario though there's too many non combatants around, there would be a lot of collaterol damage.

Member for

19 years 9 months

I also think the Apache's would be a better choice.

Trouble with that scenario though there's too many non combatants around, there would be a lot of collaterol damage.

The even bigger problem is that in Somalia everything is 'vaguely fortified', its a failed state dominated by warlords there is little if any distinguishing feature between a civilian and a combatant.