What's the Su-47 up to nowadays?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

16 years 11 months

if thats the case a more accurate quote would be..

dropping bombs while dropping a bomb

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "give 'em sh*t" dont it? ;)

Member for

19 years 2 months

looking closer at the 2007 picture of the SU-47, i notice that the internal weaponsbay under the landing gear is open. i had no idea that the SU-47 had an internal weapons bay, does anyone have any better pictures of this :?

Member for

18 years 4 months

"looking closer at the 2007 picture of the SU-47, i notice that the internal weaponsbay under the landing gear is open. i had no idea that the SU-47 had an internal weapons bay, does anyone have any better pictures of this :? "

On closer look at the picture posted of the belly of the aircraft you can see the out line of possibly 4 doors? Though you can clearly see 2 doors in the middle of the belly and the faint outline of two more either side under the air intakes......

http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=162449&d=1211604861

Member for

18 years 1 month

That'd be an interesting trick seeing how the F100 is made by P&W and the F101 is GE. ;)

True, true. I see your point. Keep thinking some of the F-15 got the F110 at the C- version but was the F-16C.

Member for

19 years 1 month

looking closer at the 2007 picture of the SU-47, i notice that the internal weaponsbay under the landing gear is open. i had no idea that the SU-47 had an internal weapons bay, does anyone have any better pictures of this :?

http://paralay.com/s37.html

Member for

17 years 3 months

The Su-47 flying on 21.03.2008 at Zhukovsky. Look at internal weapons bay doors.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/9207/attachmentzw3.jpg

Member for

17 years 3 months

Very interesting indeedy!! For about 18 months the S-37 has been flying with a modified weapons bay for the PAK-FA programme.

Afaik, this is the first glimpse of the doors open, nice find UAZ- of a PAK-FA weapons bay test-bed with stealth serrated doors :)

Member for

19 years 4 months

True, true. I see your point. Keep thinking some of the F-15 got the F110 at the C- version but was the F-16C.

The F-15E's as I recall got the common engine bay that could take either but the only F-15s of any flavor anywhere that got F110s were the South Korean ones and even their next 20 Eagles are getting P&W -229s. Weird how the USAF seems to love GE for the F-16s and P&W for the F-15s. :confused:

Member for

20 years 3 months

Is this aircraft black ? I read somewhere that it was painted dark blue (navy colours ) i think in one of Mike spik's books ..

Member for

18 years 6 months

The F-15E's as I recall got the common engine bay that could take either but the only F-15s of any flavor anywhere that got F110s were the South Korean ones and even their next 20 Eagles are getting P&W -229s. Weird how the USAF seems to love GE for the F-16s and P&W for the F-15s. :confused:

USAF spread the wealth program???

Matt

Member for

19 years 4 months

USAF spread the wealth program???

Matt

Judging by the current F136 fiasco my money would lean towards thinking the USAF did the two-types per plane no more than it was forced at gunpoint to. The DoD wants nothing to do with the F136. The pork trough is ordering different though.

Member for

21 years

Is this aircraft black ? I read somewhere that it was painted dark blue (navy colours ) i think in one of Mike spik's books ..
Black.. Dark black, actually ;)

Member for

18 years 1 month

Judging by the current F136 fiasco my money would lean towards thinking the USAF did the two-types per plane no more than it was forced at gunpoint to. The DoD wants nothing to do with the F136. The pork trough is ordering different though.

Don't mistake the wants of the USAF with those of the DoD. Last I heard the DoD was a tainted mess.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Don't mistake the wants of the USAF with those of the DoD. Last I heard the DoD was a tainted mess.

Nobody wants the F136 except the politicians and GE.

Member for

18 years 1 month

Nobody wants the F136 except the politicians and GE.

...and the European partners.

Member for

19 years 4 months

...and the European partners.

as long as they don't have to pay for it. ;)

Member for

18 years 1 month

Wait, we agreed to pay for it if they paid for other stuff. Canceling the F136 would of been our renege.

Member for

19 years 4 months

Wait, we agreed to pay for it if they paid for other stuff. Canceling the F136 would of been our renege.

Why in the world would we ask other nations to kick in money just so we can spend the same to develope an engine we don't need? Makes no sense.

Member for

21 years

as long as they don't have to pay for it. ;)

We will pay for its development but then share the technology.. Otherway we'll just buy if off the shelf.. or don't buy anything..

Member for

19 years 4 months

We will pay for its development but then share the technology.. Otherway we'll just buy if off the shelf.. or don't buy anything..

Right. So if we don't need or want a second engine why should we pay out of our own pocket to develope one? (European partners aren't covering the cost of the F136).