RIAT RAF Fairford Vid.

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

19 years 6 months

I'll echo the crowd and say yes!

Is that RF-4 actually a display or just a landing and/or takeoff?

It's actually a flying display from a German airforce RF4 and a good one at that, in fact, it's the first aircraft to display on the video. I put it on first cause I think it's a superb display, especially the bit when it comes in for an approach landing simulation and when about 15ft off the ground it opens up and powers down the runway low level, flat out........awesome :D

Oh and buy the way, I think I have enough interest now.......I should finish it over the weekend. I'll upload it onto a server and post the link on here, be warned though, it'll be loaded in one go so will probably be about 900mb in size.....prey you have broadband :o

Member for

24 years 8 months

I hope you don't have quota restrictions :D

Member for

18 years 6 months

Oh my God....I can't wait to get my hands on 900mbs of pure erotic flying display...

Thank you! :D

Member for

20 years 7 months

Yes please! On that note, I would love to see some quality filming of the IAT shows at Greenham Common, if anyone has any?

Member for

18 years 6 months

Yes please would be awesome to see!!

Member for

19 years 6 months

Video is almost finished and estimate around 20mins of footage for the departures. Theirs 5 minutes for the Tornadoes departing alone :eek: It will more than likely take 7 hours to record to my hard drive and about 3 hours to upload!

I will keep you all informed of the progress.

I intend to do other video's to upload, providing I get good feedback from this one. In other words, don't download it and run off without any comments. I'm doing this to share the experiance we all love and if I see it was worth it I'll do it again. It's up to you guy's ;)

Member for

19 years 6 months

Video is now finished. Will copy to hard drive on Monday and I will be uploading it Tuesday at some stage. Will post the link on a new thread in this forum and also a link in the Historic forum under the title 'RIAT Air Tattoo Vid ready for D/load' ;) .

Member for

24 years 8 months

Excellent!
900MB of the right stuff, how cool is that. Thanks man. :)

Member for

24 years 8 months

A German Air Force RF-4? You mean Greece perhaps?

Or maybe it wasn't an RF-4, and it was indeed German, but an F-4F.

Member for

19 years

All ex-German Air Force RF-4E was transferred to Greece an Turky in the '90s!
;)

Member for

19 years 6 months

A German Air Force RF-4? You mean Greece perhaps?

Or maybe it wasn't an RF-4, and it was indeed German, but an F-4F.

Maybe it was Greek......who cares, it's still the dogs :D

Member for

20 years 1 month

Yes , yes oh ,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

Member for

20 years 5 months

So when will the file be available ? :)

Member for

19 years 6 months

So when will the file be available ? :)

Having problems converting it at the moment onto my hard drive to upload. Doing the best I can to sort it. If I cant do it tonight, I'll upload over 8 stages the RIAT 2004 vid I got. Hasn't got half the content of this one but does have 90mins of good quality video to keep you happy until this one is sorted.

Sorry about this guys :(

Member for

20 years 5 months

Having problems converting it at the moment onto my hard drive to upload. Doing the best I can to sort it. If I cant do it tonight, I'll upload over 8 stages the RIAT 2004 vid I got. Hasn't got half the content of this one but does have 90mins of good quality video to keep you happy until this one is sorted.

Sorry about this guys

No problem mate, take your time!

Member for

24 years 8 months

No reason for you to apologize.

From what you're telling us is on this clip, you should be charging us for it.

We can wait....

Thanks man and good luck with your project.

Member for

19 years 6 months

Thanks for being patient. It's just frustrating to know I've spent ages putting this together to share with this forum being it an international aviation site and technical problems are letting me down, as I am you lot in a way, as I gave you a date it would be ready.

This is how it stands. The constuction of the video is complete. I'm now trying to record it to my H/Drive which is where the problems are occuring. It may be that I have to split the video up into 5 or 6 segments and record it that way, which means I'll have to upload it in the said amount onto this site. This is a pain, because it means you will have to watch each one individually and not as one long 2hr:30min video.

I will post a few teasers from this video and will start with the RF4 Phantom. This is not how it will be viewed on the RIAT Highlights vid as it is without the music.......however, I feel most will think the music is coming from the 'Fantoms' two J's ;)
Anyway click the link below, when on the site enter the code and click on the download button. DO NOT press the enter button as all this does is give you another code. Enjoy the noise and crank it up!!!!! :D

http://www.bigupload.com/d=E90FC568

Member for

20 years 7 months

I've got an idea -why go to all this trouble, when you could just put it on to a DVD and sell it on e.bay? I would buy one and I'm sure others would at a nominal price. :rolleyes:

Member for

19 years 6 months

I've got an idea -why go to all this trouble, when you could just put it on to a DVD and sell it on e.bay? I would buy one and I'm sure others would at a nominal price. :rolleyes:

I'm not doing this to make money Albert. Just thought it would be good to share, besides, this is amatuer footage, not professional camera work and it wouldn't be right to advertise it here as a DVD on Riat. People would expect DVD quality footage........nice thought though :rolleyes: