How to sinking Battleship WW2 in today ?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

12 years 4 months

We are not talking about explosive force, for those commenting before. As I've said, there is no contest there a missile like the Oniks carries the explosives of several shells. A hit would blow a massive hole in the side for sure, and a hit on the upper structure would do catastrophic damage without question. What I am not so sure about it a AShM being able to penetrate the armor belt. I still feel the comparison I made on the previous page to be accurate. Comparing the two is like comparing a sabot round of a tank to a HESH round. Both may disable the tank, only one is penetrating the armor plate.

It doesn't have to penetrate it, it can smash the plate in. Here is USS Oklahoma after getting hit by aerial torpedo with about 270kg warhead:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/35/USS_Oklahoma_%28BB37%29-_Salvage%2C_12-31-43%2C_7126-43%2C_Port_side_at_about_fr_60_after_removal_of_main_patch_in_drydock_-_NARA_-_296956.jpg/594px-USS_Oklahoma_%28BB37%29-_Salvage%2C_12-31-43%2C_7126-43%2C_Port_side_at_about_fr_60_after_removal_of_main_patch_in_drydock_-_NARA_-_296956.jpg

That is 340mm belt, ie. thicker than Iowas (though probably bit inferior in quality).
For a battleship with internal belt like Iowas, a belt hit by AShM is far from trivial even if the warhead doesn't actually penetrate or even smash the armour in. The explosion will still wreck side torpedo protection and cause flooding.