Replica Aircraft Parts..Where Do We Go?

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

8 years 2 months

Could always ask Gateguards down at Newquay. Know that they have built larger items such as exhausts and radio masts for people in the past.

Martin

Don't suppose you know what material they work with?

Member for

20 years 11 months

This is quite a good reference site for German cockpit equipment and includes in a lot of cases dimensioned drawings.

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/instrumente/katalog/Katalogmenue/web/new%20site/frames2/KatalogMenue.htm

You need to click on the options in the box in the top left corner.

Looking to the future we had a demonstration at work of one of these 3D scanners and it was truly impressive. OOhhh!! cockpit bits was one of my first thoughts. You put the component on the table, add some reference stickers so the scanner knows where it is in relation to the part, then move the scanner around it until it is all done which takes only a few minutes. You can even scan both sides at once if you are careful and rotate the part such that the scanner can see a reference on both sides as you move from one to the other.

www.creaform3d.com/en/metrology-solutions/portable-3d-scanner-handyscan-3d

With a bit of tidying up of the scan on the CAD and an aluminium 3D printer you could be creating cosmetically replica parts in no time. Shame about the hideous cost to buy all the equipment. Hopefully you could probably hire them, if not now, in the future.

Member for

7 years 8 months

We've been trying to add a few more parts, here's our replica Spitfire Chassis Lever handle. Cast in black just like the original bakerlite ones, and fully finished with no machining required. A lovely piece.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250675[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

18 years 2 months

Oooohhh nice :)

Member for

18 years 2 months

Replica Revi3c Im doing for a customer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250679[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Member for

7 years 8 months

Very nice work!

Member for

7 years 8 months

We've been adding more items as we have got them up and running, including the stunning Spitfire Chassis (Undercarriage) Lever Unit...the complete thing, including Chain Guard. There is a stock photograph on there at the moment, but we will be taking shots of it over the weekend and up-loading them. Lead time about a week if you order one, and if you mention this forum we'll discount it by 10%.

www.replicaaircraftparts.com

Member for

12 years

Where exactly are you based ReAiPa
I only ask as on your contact details section you only have an email address and a mobile phone number, most people prefer to know where their money is going too if they decide to order from anywhere or anyone.

Regards

Jason

Member for

12 years 8 months

Spitfire parts similar to the ones available from replica aircraft parts are also available at www.spitfireparts.co.uk
I understand that their complete Chassis selector units will be available shortly. It appears they currently offer some parts but not a complete unit yet.
I already have one on order.
Some other interesting spitfire bits as well

Member for

7 years 8 months

Hello Oldgit,

Thank you for your message, and apologies for the oversight. We are in the East Midlands.

Flyingblind, as per our previous post, we are offering the complete Chassis Lever unit, it's ready to go. They take a good deal of time to make though, so are done to order, as are most of our items, that way we can make them bespoke for each customer. Are you affiliated with spitfireparts.co.uk?

Member for

7 years 8 months

We also do original parts and have just added a few this evening.

Member for

7 years 8 months

Here's our latest addition

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389/twinbeech1/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_3437_zpsjaxavxio.jpg

Member for

20 years 2 months

Very nicely done ReAiPa

Member for

7 years 8 months

Thank you very much Vacb!

Member for

8 years 2 months

I foresee an immanent purchase!

Do you know how to wire the button?

I have a few MOD buttons that I need to wire however my volt reader is down :(

5C/898 just has two contacts

5C/543 has three!

Member for

7 years 8 months

Hello Krupi,

We've not tried to wire one of these switches up, but can't imagine they're that difficult. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with advice knowing the knowledge here!

Will take a look tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

Member for

18 years 2 months

It appears they currently offer some parts but not a complete unit yet.

Thats my bad with the Chassis plate,had to redesign it for a different hole dia...

Member for

7 years 8 months

The wiring for 5C/534 is very simple, with, as suspected, just two terminals to solder to.
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389/twinbeech1/Mobile%20Uploads/_20170401_092326_zpsf2c5bk4y.jpg
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t389/twinbeech1/Mobile%20Uploads/_20170401_092354_zpsfnaqpgj5.jpg