SunJET 747SP

Read the forum code of contact

Member for

20 years 3 months

They do look slightly out of proportion, is that what you mean?

The -SPs fuselage is about 45 feet shorter than the -100 but the tail is actually slightly taller (I think) too assist with fuel efficiency and extra range(hence Special Performance), so it appears to look even strager.

Member for

20 years 11 months

Oops, I just realized that's the hybrid Pan Am scheme, not the 4 star. Sorry about that! Excellent job on that one! :o

He He, thought that would catch you out :p

New colours :)

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/9711/ua747sp23ak.jpg

Member for

20 years 11 months

The -SPs fuselage is about 45 feet shorter than the -100 but the tail is actually slightly taller (I think) too assist with fuel efficiency and extra range(hence Special Performance), so it appears to look even strager.

The vertical tail is taller. To allow for more command due to the shorter fuselage.

Member for

24 years 8 months

That's stunning Sandy!

The tail is taller, the reason being to assist in stability given the shorter fuselage, and not necessarily to assist in fuel efficiency/range.

Member for

24 years 8 months

You know what? Even if I still prefer UA's old livery , I kinda like the new one better and better.

Cheers for that Sandy.

Member for

24 years 8 months

You know what? Even if I still prefer UA's old livery , I kinda like the new one better and better.

Cheers for that Sandy.

The new one is beautiful, and I was a big fan of the old one.

Member for

19 years 10 months

Looks great